What is Title IX?
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex under any education program or activity receiving federal financial aid. Sexual assault and sexual harassment are both forms of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX.
Toccoa Falls College is committed to providing a environment of learning, living, and working that fulfills the human spirit and promotes a healthy environment for its students and employees. Sexual misconduct includes but is not limited to, sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking, domestic violence and sexual exploitation. This applies to a variety of campus environments that include academic, athletic, residential and other College sponsored programs. Those acts committed by Toccoa Falls students, staff or faculty will not be condoned and have no place on our campus.
If you believe you or others have been sexually harassed, assaulted or subjected to sexual misconduct by a TFC student or employee, it is highly encouraged to seek assistance. We want to help. The content located here is intended to help and provide support for both the complainant and the accused. Our first priority is our campus community and while also being in full compliance with directives provided by the United States Department of Education and the Office for Civil Rights (OCR).
When Should I Contact the Title IX Coordinator?
Any student or TFC employee, or applicant who has concerns about sex discrimination or sexual misconduct should proactively seek the help of the Title IX Coordinator. Use the following guidelines to help determine if seeking formal/informal assistance is necessary.
- You desire to understand what measures or options exist if an encounter of sex discrimination or sexual misconduct has occurred (sexual assault, sexual harassment, stalking and domestic violence).
- Unsure how to proceed if you have been directly or indirectly involved in a situation involving any of the above situations.
- Become aware of an incident that could necessitate a College inquiry/investigation.
- You seek to bring calm or decreased intensity to a situation that has reached a level you didn’t anticipate and feel administrative intervention could help.
- Have questions about TFC’s policy or procedures involving incidents of sexual misconduct.
Who to Contact
Regarding employee and student complaints or concerns, please contact:
Ken Gassiot, Ph.D., Vice President for Student Affairs and Title IX Coordinator
706-886-6831, ext. 5326
107 Kincaid Dr., MSC 779, Toccoa Falls, GA 30598
2nd Floor Student Center
Mary Kaye Ritchey, Director of Human Resources
706-886-6831, ext. 5238
107 Kincaid Dr., MSC 750, Toccoa Falls, GA 30598